November 09, 2006

Pretty in purple

This little cap and shirt I finished yesterday. I sent it to a friend who got a beautiful and really tiny daughter last week. She was born two weeks early and so she is a real featherweight. Luckily they're out of the hospital now and doing fine. If you want to sew something for a preemie (or a tiny newborn), here's a bunch of links to charity sites with great patterns: www.newbornsinneed.org Offers a good Preemie Size Chart.
www.carewear.org Has lovely patterns, and a handy Knitting Needle Conversion Chart.
Barbara Wampler's BWcharitycreations Holds a pattern for a romper, and an open-front shirt.
www.touchinglittlelives.org Sweet preemie sleeper pattern.
www.rayofhope.co.uk Lots of knitting & crochet patterns & links.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love the colour and the daisy trim :-)it's a beautiful present!

Anonymous said...

I love the cute little clothes that you have made. You (and other knitters out there that sew) have inpired me to sew something for my daughter. I an easy dress pattern today and some fabric, and am just waiting for the time to try it out. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

That's sooo cute! Thanks for all the sites.